E.T. Likes It

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Last week, I achieved 100 followers on Instagram and I am so happy that I decided to draw a picture for the occasion. Many will laugh but for me it is a real achievement, especially because I only know 4 of my followers ... the rest are real strangers and this makes me very happy.
My "great" achievement coincides with the Instagram announcement that it will hide the Likes in order to favor a cleaner and pressure-free activity for having popular acceptance. I am really in favor of this happening...
I created my Instagram account a couple of years ago and although I have not been very active, the times I have looked for interesting profiles I have encountered a lot of profiles and / or drawings that mysteriously, despite their doubtful taste or quality, have a large number of likes and / or followers. Even today I still do not understand how authentic garbage can gain hundreds of likes. I have no artistic training but I really do not need it to know how to distinguish between a trick and something better. Instagram Likes are almost like a cybernetic mafia. They are in the hands of a few and have the power to sentence.

In addition, another thing that I discovered not long ago is that for some disturbing and unknown reason, my publications are not shown in the #hashtags that I have labeled, so my drawings do not have the expected scope. Why? I started researching and ran into a new term: Shadowban

It is an A4 made with pastels and charcoal but it has previously gone through the printer ...

¿What is Shadowban?

Apparently, although it is not officially recognized by Instagram, the application may choose to ban certain accounts if it considers that they may be operated by bots. And how do they reach this conclusion? Maybe because you use too many hashtags, maybe because you always use the same ones, in short, if they suspect that you make fraudulent use of their terms and conditions, Instagram will choose to show our content to many less users or even hide it completely.
I have considered many times to eliminate the application, precisely because I am aware that it is not clean wheat but finally I have decided, at least for the moment, that other platforms give me much less and I haven't thought of leaving them. So yes, I am very much in favor of hiding the likes so we can all breathe ...

 
I made two different drawings and in this one I wanted to focus on the details of his iconic hand. 💖

And my drawings also coincide with the appearance of the new commercial in which E.T. meets Elliot 37 years after the movie. I had no idea of the existence of this commercial and it is really awesome. Here it is:







No comments

Post a Comment