Not my King

Monday, April 20, 2020

I was inspired by you to make this drawing. I started it on Valentine's Day -as it could not be otherwise-, accompanied by good music and better wine and while I drew it, I felt peace. Each stroke was like a band-aid well placed in my heart and I enjoyed it so much that I never wanted to finish it, but as I progressed, I frowned seeing how much it looks like you.

It was December 31st, New Year's Eve, remember? You believed that by wearing a crown you would become king and that having a pretty face made you irresistible. But a pig, even an Iberian one, will always be a pig and never a king.

E você? Who could imagine that behind that tender look, your cheek dimples and your apparent empathy you could hide so much coldness and so much lies?
If someone has an innocent look, be suspicious! because surely behind them, a piglet hides.

Today I have dreamed of you. King, Pope and President Almighty and Eternal. That could have been you. I dreamed that you were looking for me and you found me. I could smell you, I could feel your hands and from your gaze I knew instantly that you still wanted me. You smelled of oak, strawberry and fireplace. You gave off the same mix of tenderness and sadness, of luxury and chaos, of loneliness and testosterone.
You kept wanting me ...
and me too...

King, Pope and President Almighty and Eternal. That could have been you. But not all queens need a king by their side, nor wearing a crown makes you royal.

Pray A Hail Mary and three Our Fathers for all the fallen pigs ...




No comments

Post a Comment