As Dumb As You

Sunday, November 17, 2019


A frantic morning in May I got a message on Instagram from someone unknown, which I read quicky and with surprise. It said something like: We really like your account and we think you could be a good candidate to participate in the "I don't know how many edition" of "I don't know what" against animal abuse ... blah blah blah ... This was the only thing I kept from the message , enough to know that it deserved to be read carefully when I had time. So, after a couple of days, while resting on the sofa at home, I remembered it and open up Instagram to read it but to my surprise, the message was gone. I have no idea what I did but as much as I searched, the message was gone. Sad and enraged, I let another couple of days go by to see if I was able to remember anything else and then, by miracle, the memory of the sender's profile picture came to me: it was an animal with horns, most likely a deer ...

I started looking for users doing all kinds of combinations related to deer and art. Finally, probably helped by the Holy Spirit, I found the sender: El Venadito Art. I researched everything and more about them and the drawing contest they talked to me about and I didn't doubt it for a second: I had to participate!

The idea was to present a work related to horses, which would reflect on the abuse that these poor animals may suffer. Two unique requirements: It cannot be explicit and the art work must measure 15X20cm. If my drawing was chosen, it would be exhibited at the Granollers Museum of Natural Sciences and part of the money raised from the sale would go to a pair of horse protectors from Spain. OMG... how amazing! I never imagined that my drawings could be useful for something useful and beautiful.

Borriquito Como Tú - Owl&Moon 2019. Museo de Ciencias Naturales de Granollers.

A couple of weeks later I already had the drawing ready and I have to say that I was very proud of it! I had never drawn something so small and still with so much detail, so I went to the Post Office to send it with proud. Three months passed, three! until I finally heard from them: my donkey had been chosen!


On Tuesday of this week the exhibition was finally inaugurated and I could not believe that my work was there exhibited. I am so grateful and so happy that I am now only looking for more charity exhibitions to participate in. For now, it remains to be see if we can sell it 🙏🙏








No comments

Post a Comment