Bowie's Tribute

Wednesday, September 4, 2019


David Bowie declined to be named "Sir" by the British Crown in 2003. I do not know the reasons but I do know that he did not need that honor to be recognized as a great, a galactic, a genius.

Bowie was born with blue eyes but at age 15 he was punched in the eye because of a fight over a girl and thus acquired his trademark eyes. It seems that fate wanted to play with him to make him unusual and Bowie did not hesitate to use all his cards. For me he was a master of adaptation and survival.

Just like a cat ...

That's why I wanted to pay a very humble tribute to Bowie, turning my dear Mia into a devoted fan.

I am considering starting to use colored paper because this time I tried turning the withe paper into pink and the result has been disastrous. As for the rest, I have not varied the technique or the material. And regarding Mia, the model, it only took about five hundred million hours to get her to look at the camera naturally ... She's the best!


I adore the innocence and naturalness of animals, just as real as that of children. Precisely Bowie sang:

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
Cause he knows it's all wothwhile
He told me:
Let the Children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie

This is a planet of contrasts and Bowie was that perfect example. Let me remind you of of what we should never have stopped doing: 





R.I.P -  10/01/2016

No comments

Post a Comment