Monkey Instagramer

Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Titi Emperor is a monkey that I love, especially since I read that it is the males who take care of their children. Apparently, they only "bother" the mother when the baby needs to eat: 30 minutes every 3 hours. I would have liked to have a partner like that ... and when I wonder what the mother will do the rest of the day, I keep reading and discover that a female mates with all the males in the group...

So as I said, I'm a fan of these monkeys ...

TITLE:
Emperor Monkey Taking a Selfie

DESCRIPTION:
Pastel drawing of a monkey taking a selfie, which he will later share on Instagram with his more than 6k followers.

TIME:
About 9 hours

MATERIALS:
Canson A3+, pastel pencils and Faber Castell charcoal pencil.

HANDICAPS:
The mustache! I don't get used to working white over white but I'm reluctant to work with tinted papers.

And this is the result:

Attention: On mobile devices, the video has better quality in the "web version" of YouTube.





What do you think about this animal photographer? The camera he is holding is supposed to be a Lomography Diana Camera, which I found really cute!




No comments

Post a Comment