Netflix Generation

Friday, September 13, 2019


I don't know how ended up drawing animals but it doesn't matter. The important thing is that since I started to draw I feel my life is a little more complete. Humanizing is not easy and on many occasions I feel tempted to leave the poor little animal in its original shape and take all my nonsense from it. But the fact is that after the time I spend thinking about humanizing options and the time I spend drawing, editing and writing, I am much more entertained than a couple of years ago.



Sheep slowly becoming a victim of the humanzing process...

The seventh art also steals much of my time, in fact, one of my favorite plans has always been watching a movie. And a few years ago, going to the video club was part of the process I loved. Watching a video movie was almost sacred for all the expectations that preceded it. Every Friday I went to get a minimum of 3 movies, praying that there was still a copy of the ultimate premiere.
I reserve going to the cinema for very good movies, those that have to be seen yes or yes on the big screen, but what i prefer the most is to watch a good movie or series, from a sofa or better yet, a bed!

When the streaming content began to prevail pushing video clubs to disappear, the owner of mine decided to invest in refurbishing it. It then turned into a luxury concept store, which reduced its cinema offer in half but started offering international junk food at exorbitant prices instead. It certainly was a very risky bet that unfortunately did not end well.

Netflix is ​​very useful but for me not everything are advantages. At the beginning you just can't stop watching whatever it comes from it, hooked like a fly to a French toast but in the end, having so much content available at any time and so easily, ends up on losing a very special magic. It's like when you take a picture with a digital camera instead of an analog one, that a part of magic is lost along the way that maked the process more special.





No comments

Post a Comment