Firefighter Rhino

Friday, September 13, 2019


Rhinos fascinate me. I think they are such interesting beings that I consider them one of the most special species on the planet.

On the one hand, I adore its hard, imposing and sophisticated appearance. Its uniqueness and outlandish appearance are worthy of any Salvador Dalí creation. On the other hand, I admire its peaceful character, very consistent with its vegetarian nature and very surprising considering its dimensions...
In addition, their antidiluvian nature turn them into magical creatures, beings who managed to survive chaos, death and loneliness and who inhabits our planet peacefully since then.

But one of the things that attracts me most about this animal is its instinctive gift to detect and put out fires. All the animals flee the fire by instinct but rhinos, far from fleeing from it, rush in and quickly stamp it out! They are the firefighters of the jungle!
They have a lot of peculiarities, some of them made them vulnerable, like their horn with supposedly healing properties...

When I was searching for images of rhinoceros on Google, some of them broke my heart, forced me to close my eyes and made me cry for their cruelty. Hopefully humans who amputate animal horns will amputate their own penises instead!
The fact is that finally, for some unknown reason, I ended up choosing the image with the worst quality of all the Internet. In fact it could be considered a pixel in itself.

I am so proud of turning a pixel into a clear image...!


So turning it into a realistic image has been a challenge, sometimes desperate, but fun and very satisfying. In addition, this drawing is the first in years in which I do not use pastels and the first in which I use a highlighter, specifically the Stabilo pastel blue.


From the movie "The Gods must be Crazy"



No comments

Post a Comment